Sunday, December 21, 2014

Another resin

I had been messing around with the bottle that came with the littlerp, Makerjuice SF red. With my acer p1283 I found 4500 was a tiny bit low of an exposure but for bulk items with large solid sections bigger than a couple pixels it was giving good quality.

I switched to a bottle of makerjuice G+ and started dialing the exposure in. I peeled a chunk of pdms off a petri. my solid test object warped at the base..

Overexposed and hard on your PDMS
Don't forget to tighten down your petri dish

I lowered my exposure and base layer time

I like acertain style of print thats a lot of open space so I thought I would try something a little more complex.
level 4 sierpinski
While it looks ok theres no way to get it off the build plate whole... this is a good moment for a raft.

not entirely sure what the ridge is caused by
It was suggested that the thin walls might have deformed from peeling. I think this particular resin shrinks more than some and it could be related to that... not sure yet... 


I reprinted the rook to see it it was significantly different.
Printed at the same size, the red on is 25mm, the black 24.75mm

So there is a little more shrink on the black but the quality of the print seems the same, I can still easily read the tops, and that variation could also be a slight difference in how cured they are relative to each other.

I like how easy it is to read the text that is 1/2 the height of the text on the quarter






No comments:

Post a Comment