Monday, December 22, 2014

Bigger and more complex

I printed a 6 pack of the littlerp rooks which made me feel confident enough to try a longer larger print.

Ever since I saw this print I've wanted to do it well. and its not exactly printer friendly. The model has downward faces which need support, and an extreme level of detail.
I used meshmixer to add support and went straight for a print, the result was less than spectacular. I got about 1cm into printing and it dislodged.I basically printed an acrylic bottle cap.

I remembered that separation forces and shrink are why its suggested you hollow models, its not just to save on resin. So I popped over to littlerp  and watched the video on hollowing models and adding drain holes.
1000 armed kannon almost finished I'm so excited.
Success! it printed
I did break it trying to remove the supports sadly, but thats a matter of dialing in the support structure. parts of this are particularly thin.
some support still in place and broken





No comments:

Post a Comment