Thursday, December 18, 2014

Unboxing and building

The package arrived today we will leave that behind us and talk about the unboxing and build.

I am following the build guide posted here.

The guide is pretty thorough already. There were a few spots were things weren't crystal clear but easy enough to figure out. I may have taken a few more pictures of those moments.

The kit arrived and I pulled all the bits out and dug right in.... I missed the fact the melamine was coated in a paper. So I assembled the whole thing with the paper still on, its pretty amusing in hindsight.

Other than that I had to turn the screw for mounting the electronics around from the instructions...

there is a top and bottom to this stack... melamine should be on top since you pretty much assemble in that order.
See how scorched it is?
That's because I left the paper on
The first surface mirror and welding screen
The right one! there are 2 ways to mount this bracket the one on the left is wrong
Using the uprights to hold this bit in place for assembly
You get 1 chance on the placement of the mirror do not try and re-position

The mounting option that was only a tight fight not an impossibility
Mechanics done
A few more pictures of the process can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment